struts-user mailing list archives

From Robert Taylor <64rwtaylo...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [OT] ORM vs JDBC vs OODBMS (was [OT] ORM vs JDBC)
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:57:09 GMT

This solution has been discussed, but for now the expectation is
real-time data.

BTW, thanks for your input on this, but I don't want to hijack this
thread for my own particular production issues.

I wanted to propose that both ORM (Hibernate, JDO, iBatis) and straight
JDBC can/should be used together when one may be better than the other,
instead of "trying to fit a square peg into a round hole".

Don't get me wrong, I would love to use ORM all the time, but sometimes
I don't think its appropriate.

/robert