struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Multiple ActionForms per ActionMapping
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:29:26 GMT
Do you have a summary of your view? and preferably a very simple flow
chart or example? There have been a trillion posts lately and haven't
had time to sift through them all.

All I can say is the concept of the ActionForm was initially proposed so
that the user can be given back exactly what he entered when validation
failed. I certainly don't want more Action forms. Because I have to
develop code in a situation where I have tons of nested properties, I
could actually code without any ActionForms (since typically my
ActionForm would only hold one bean which holds a collection of other
beans each with their own collections, etc etc. It's just the nature of
the beast of the objects I have to work with coming from the backend and
for the types of data entry that needs to be done).

Convincing me that 'more' ActionForms are a good thing is going to be a
difficult task, but restate or post your summary propostion and I'll
'attempt' to look at it without any preconceived notions that you might
be crazy:)

--
Rick