struts-user mailing list archives

From Erik Weber <erikwe...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Will the execute method of ExceptionHandler be called ?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:54:53 GMT
Yes. The execute method of an ExceptionHandler is invoked whenever an
Action's execute method throws an Exception that the ExceptionHandler is
configured to handle (via "exception" elements in struts-config.xml). It
is then up to the handler to provide the forward rather than the Action.

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/building_controller.html#exception_handler

Erik