struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Best way to cancel
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:52:14 GMT
Abdullah Jibaly wrote the following on 3/17/2005 5:55 PM:

> Is there a way to press cancel on a display page and not have Struts
> populate the ActionForm with the values that were entered? If not what
> are some common workarounds to this? I basically want to be able to
> retrieve the old values in that case.

I'd just go back to the server and get them again. "Cancel" would
basically call whatever action or dispatch method you used to initially
get the page. I don't think the DB hit to repopulate your form to the
intial values would be that bad. Of course if it's not business specific
data (no DB call) it would be even faster.

--
Rick