struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Wouldn't validation be better performed by Actions rather than ActionForms?
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:22:55 GMT
Andrew Hill wrote the following on 3/20/2005 10:51 PM:

> As for dispatch actions... hehe Im not making *that* mistake again.
> urrrgh! Ill stick with a normal action and an 'if' statement in future
> thanks :-)

How does using if logic in a regular Action make things better than
using a DispatchAction? A DispatchAction looks much cleaner. I could see
some people's arguments who simply do not like using DispatchActions
(since they like separate classes for all behaviors), but if you are
going to use an action like a dispatch (with 'if'), than why not just
use a DispatchAction? I've been using them forever and haven't run into
a single problem.

--
Rick