struts-user mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Zuckerman <stephane.zucker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best practice for "dynamic reloading" of a part of the JSP ?
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:36:16 GMT
> I would highly recommend using XmlHttpRequest (aka ajax), which is much
> more user-friendly, much quicker to use and more flexible than reloading
> the page each time the user clicks on something.

This is a solution I wasn't aware of... And it would be a really great
one, provided I could find a way to use it in my application. Would you
happen to have some code examples I could use to understand better how
ajax works ? I found some pretty useful stuff here :

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/02/09/xml-http-request.html

and there are other papers available that I haven't had time to read,
but none with a J2EE example (or even better, a Struts example)...

Thanks anyway, that was really useful ! I might not be able to use this
technology for this project, but I certainly will for another one !

St├ęphane