struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Beginner question...
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:12:44 GMT
Apte, Dhanashree (Noblestar) wrote the following on 3/31/2005 2:07 PM:

> If struts is smart enough to figure out logic:iterate and put out the
> attributes of each bean from the collection neatly for editing, why is it
> not smart enough to figure out which element the user edited and put the
> changed value back in the right property of the right bean in original
> collection? Why do I need to have both:
> * the Collection attribute for loading up my edit page AND

This isn't really a Struts question, just so happens you are using the
strut's logic tag. (You can also use JSTL's forEach tag.) We aren't
really talking Struts here but simply how HTPP works in what gets passed
when an HTML form is submitted.

I haven't used logic:iterate in a while, but you have to tell whatever
tag it is what collection to iterate over so I'm not sure what this
first question is asking.

> * the string array for every editable attribute to track the edits made by
> the user?

I'm not really sure what you are asking here. Possibly provide an
example of what you are trying to do?

--
Rick