struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Wouldn't validation be better performed by Actions rather than ActionForms?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:04:14 GMT
On Fri, March 18, 2005 12:42 pm, Joe Germuska said:
> I don't know if dispatch style is "best practice."  It's my preferred
> approach, but many experienced Struts developers don't like it much
> at all.  And then you've got wackos like Frank Z who like to write
> more code just to show off their typing skills.

Oh geez, thanks a lot Joe... I just had everyone around staring at me
because you made me laugh so loud! :)

>>3. Almost noone creates ActionForms manually any more - they use
>>DynaActionForm (or validating variations of this).
>
> Frank, again.  ;-)

You know, it is telling about the industry that me hand-coding ActionForms
is considered "old-school" when everyone was doing it too 6-12 months ago!
:)  Slow the hell down! :)

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect