struts-user mailing list archives

From Chad Baker <CBA...@mobius.com>
Subject RE: Pass a collection from struts action to javascript validation
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:24:28 GMT
Try this site .. http://www.w3schools.com/, specifically the JavaScript
section http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp and the JavaScript HTML DOM
section http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_obj_htmldom.asp

Chad

-----Original Message-----
From: Bing Qiao [mailto:qiaobing@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:50 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Pass a collection from struts action to javascript validation

Hi,

I'm trying to use custom validator on client side. One problem I can't
figure out is how to pass a collection or array of strings to a jsp and how
to access it from javascript code for the custom validation rules. I thought
about using hidden objects. But I'm really new in both javascript and jsp,
so I would appreciate your help should somebody show me some code snippets.

Another problem is that I found javascript code for the validator rules like
the following: form[oDate[x][0]].value where can I find a reference manual
or something that explains the details of this form and other objects. I
don't know what they really belong to, javascript, html or jsp? Thank you
very much for your help!

Bing