struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ruben Cepeda" <ruben_cep...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: DispatchAction defaults
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:31:41 GMT
Hello  Nic,

I may be over simplyfing the problem but why not just set the default value
of the dispath hidden field [what ever that may be i.e. in your case method]
in the form to the default value that you wanted insted of the default null.
  Anyhow, in case I was over simplifing the problem here is a like to a page
that I found very useful when using the DispatchAciton:

http://husted.com/struts/tips/002.html

Also you may wanted to look into the LookupDispachAction which in my option
is a better choice due to the fact that it is javascript free.

*************************************
Ruben Cepeda
ruben_cepeda@hotmail.com
*************************************

----Original Message Follows----
From: Nic Werner <werner@sonoma.edu>
Subject: DispatchAction defaults
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:07:48 -0800

Hi,
    I'm using DispatchAction for grouping common items together, and one of
them is to just load a form page, and the other action is to 'update' this
page.

I call this with: addDevice.do?method=edit
and: addDevice.do?method=update

The param for the first page seems a bit extraneous, is there a way that
DispatchAction can just call a default method if the param isn't specified?
I would like to just call: addDevice.do and have it bring up the form. I
haven't seen mention of this practice or ability in any docs.

Does everybody else just work around this and add extra params?

- Nic.