struts-user mailing list archives

From "Lawrie Gallardo" <lawriegalla...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Wouldn't validation be better performed by Actions rather than ActionForms?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:35:18 GMT
I'm not sure that I follow you...

What I meant was that automatic declarative validation using Struts
Validator should be invoked by a "ValidatingAction" baseclass validate()
method, rather than DynaValidatorForm (or similar) baseclass validate()
method. And that you could put any validation that is too complex to be
described declaratively in your overriden Action validate() method.

Where are you suggesting would be a good place for validation to be
performed?