struts-user mailing list archives

From "Apte, Dhanashree (Noblestar)" <DA...@jims.hctx.net>
Subject Beginner question...
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:07:05 GMT

This is the first time I am doing web programming and using struts as well.
I have been meaning to ask this ever since I started. At the risk of
sounding stupid, here is the question:

If struts is smart enough to figure out logic:iterate and put out the
attributes of each bean from the collection neatly for editing, why is it
not smart enough to figure out which element the user edited and put the
changed value back in the right property of the right bean in original
collection? Why do I need to have both:
* the Collection attribute for loading up my edit page AND
* the string array for every editable attribute to track the edits made by
the user?

Thanks!
Dhanashree.