struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ashutosh Satyam" <ashut...@alopa.com>
Subject RE: Message Resources error
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:49:13 GMT
Hi,
 You can checkout archived messages on this issue at

 http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg15779.html

 answered by Ted himself.

 Before preceeding do once again verify these things.

 1. struts-config.xml has an entry for 'Message Resource Defintion'
    Ex:
     <message-resources parameter="resources.application"/>

 2. This resource bundle should be in the classpath. An ideal place
    would be to put it in WEB-INF/classes directory.
    For the above case it would be
      WEB-INF/classes/resources/application.properties
 3. The jsp page has proper tag-lib definition.

Regards,
Ashutosh

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijaya S [mailto:svijiya@solutionscraft.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:40 PM
To: Struts User mailing List
Subject: Message Resources error

Hi,

I am getting an exception error when I try to display error messages from my
jsp file. The error I get is,
'Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE'.
What is this error mean?
In my action, I have saveMessages(request, messages) where 'messages' is an
object of type ActionMessages.
In debug I noticed the messages are not saved in the request object.

Can someone please help me as I have run out of all possible solutions?

Thanks,
Vijaya