struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rodolfo García Esteban/CYII" <rgarciaeste...@cyii.es>
Subject Re: Where to put base code for each request
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:47:50 GMT
Servlet filters it's the best solution, if you are using a compatible
container with Servlet 2.4.

________________________
Rodolfo García Esteban
Canal Isabel II
División de Aplicaciones Técnicas
C/ Santa Engracia, 125
Edificio 8
Tel. 91 545 10 00 - Ext. 2128
Fax. 91 545 14 41

        cc:     (cco: Rodolfo García Esteban/CYII)
        Asunto: Where to put base code for each request

Hi,

I would like to write code before and after each request is being
processed, for example
  some looging of each request and close any started tranaction which is
still open.

Frist I was thinking of subclassing Action and put the code in the
overriden execute
method, but that would restrict the code to the stuff inside actions. But
I would like to
  include JSP would also. Do I have to write a RequestProcessor or better
go for servlet
filters?

thanks,
   Arno