struts-user mailing list archives

From Curtis Taylor <curtis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: html:form complains of bean missing
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 04:40:58 GMT
Hi Scott,

If you choose to use the Struts html:form tag, you must declare the
corresponding definition in the form:beans section of the struts-config
file. That's the way the framework behaves as I've used it.

HTH,

-- Curtis

Scott Purcell wrote:
> First off, as I am learning Struts I just wanted to thank those, for bearing with my
learning curve and helping out so far.

> Here is the issue:
> I want to pass all my forms, even forms without params to the com.skp.action.LoginAction
action class, because this class handles the "isLoggedIn" issue through a subclass of Action.

> Anyway, I have a jsp page that has no params, so I have no bean to collect user data,
so I configured my action like so:
> <action  path="/mainAdmin"
>     type="com.skp.action.LoginAction" >
>      <forward name="Success" path="/jsp/admin/main.jsp" redirect="true"/>
>   </action>
>
> Anyway, I just want to always use the LoginAction as a "Front Controller" to my web app,
and catch the status of "logged-in" etc.