struts-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eliminate Setup Actions
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2005 02:03:41 GMT
LOL  "dimplomatic" (???) -- This is a Freudian feast!  LOL  ///;-)
Once you really got going with "half-assed", Frank, I think I am up on
you on the scale today.  ///;-)  I actually have a lot of sympathy for
the attempt to compete with Micro$.  They are clever as all get out.
However, I think the best way to do it is to provide a good framework
rather than go tool oriented.  Obviously smarter people than me
disagree.

<snip>
On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:57:30 -0500, Frank W. Zammetti
<fzlists@omnytex.com> wrote:

> Jack made the comment (I'm paraphrasing) that this is all good for the
> tool vendors and for developers that don't have a full understanding of
> what's going on.  I think I would have stated it a bit more
> dimplomatically, but I don't think he was far off the mark :)  The day
> any half-assed developer can put together a web application using RAD
> tools is a day I do NOT look forward to, for the same reason I hated all
> the half-assed developers I knew that chruned out VB craplets like there
> was no tomorrow... God forbid something goes wrong under the covers and
> they have to actually look at code.
</snip>
~Dakota Jack~