struts-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why complicate? was: Eliminate Setup Actions
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:16:48 GMT
<SNIP>
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:07:34 -0500 (EST), Frank W. Zammetti
<fzlists@omnytex.com> wrote:
> On Mon, March 7, 2005 2:23 pm, Rick Reumann said:
> > I started reading a bunch of these threads in reply to the above and I
> > do think that I'm seeing a trend of over-complification here (yea, made
> > up word:). I do like the concept that JSF takes, but from some of the
> > posts I've read, some are complaining about JSF being too page-centric.
> > Personally I like the page-centric approach and find that it fits the
> > mold of how typical web apps work. I'd say 99% of the time people use
> > Struts in a page-centric manner.

</SNIP>

I am not sure what you mean by "page-centric", Rick.  But, I don't
think you can use Struts in a "page-centric" way if you mean the way
Shale or JSF operate.  So, I would say that necessarily you have to
use Struts 0% of the time in a "page-centric" manner.  There are
different ways of controlling the flow: event-based page-centric and
request based controller-centric.  There is not really a cross-breed
available.

Jack

~Dakota Jack~