struts-user mailing list archives

From li...@zeta.net
Subject html:form action and relative URLs addressed in 1.2 ?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:01:31 GMT
Hello,

I have been building a fairly large Java webapp for 3 years now, and
it was originally using Struts 1.0.  Due to search engine
optimization, we ended up doing lots or URL manipulation via
mod_rewrite.  But then the problem was that when the user submitted
the struts form, it would lose the URL. i.e. if the url was:
http://www.usachurch.com/arizona/phoenix/churches.jsp
(the directories /arizona and /phoenix are not real, but mod_rewrite
passes the values to the jsp page.)
and the struts form was:
It would end up at:
http://www.usachurch.com/searchresults.jsp    instead of
http://www.usachurch.com/arizona/phoenix/searchresults.jsp

So, we looked around and found a Struts 1.1 source customization
called "IsRelative".
(submitted by Erik Tennant as Bugzilla bug  #17449)
We compiled it (after many,many tries) and it worked - such as:
which then kept the URL intact.

My question is whether Struts 1.2 or later has some kind of built in
functionality like this now?  I'd like to be able to upgrade to later
versions of Struts over the years, and not have to go through all of
the hassle of customizing the source code each time.

Regards,
Devin