struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jesse Alexander (KBSA 21)" <alexander.je...@credit-suisse.com>
Subject RE: Is struts more performant than JSF
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 22:48:33 GMT
Hi

I think this is not an easy question. I got the impression that Struts is needing more
JSP-tags to represent a page which seems to slow it down a bit. JSF uses more memory
(if you use server-side state) or more bandwidth (if you use client-side state) but
somehow processing seems quite optimized. It will be interesting comparing
a) Struts vs JSF
b) different state-strategies (client, server, oracle's mixture,...) within JSF

For this we would need an application implemented in both Struts and JSF, and then
let a server feel the heat of a stress-testing session ;-)

hth
Alexander

-----Original Message-----
From: Yan Hu [mailto:yachilling@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:50 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Is struts more performant than JSF

Hi:
I have been playing with JSF lately.  I really like it since it is very intuitive.  But as
understand it, JSF keeps a component tree for each page with JSF widgets in it on the server.
So
it is heavy weight compared with struts. Could I safely say that struts-based apps are a bit
more
performant than JSF ones? someone please shed some light on it.......