struts-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject Seeking advice image resizing
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 13:06:54 GMT
Not truly struts related, but I would assume that people on this list know a solution, or workaround
for what appears to be a common dilemma.

I have created a ECommerce type site, in which there are three display sized images. A 125x125
thumb, a 256x256 preview, and a 100% original view for a product.

My application is 100% struts, running on Tomcat 5.x. I would like to be able to upload the
original, them create the preview, and thumb from the original.

Is there a simple java solution for this? I know there are things like image magic, etc, but
eventually I am going to have this site hosted, and want a simple, effective solution. Or
is the solution to pre-create these and upload three unique uploads. And if that is the case,
can this be done with one multipart form using the commons file uploader? Or do I need a wizard
type approach, where they upload original, next page, preview, etc.?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott