struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Any way to retrieve the index of html:select?
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 18:02:13 GMT
Vijaya S wrote the following on 5/9/2005 1:40 AM:
> You can create a bean using LabelValueBean in which the label will be male,
> female and the value will be 1, 2.  In your jsp you do the following
> />
>
> On submit, your form-property-name will have the values 1 or 2 depending on
> the selection.

Yes, but this doesn't solve his problem unless you make sure the obove
bean is really a Map where you can look up the name based on the value.
This is one option, but not always possible if you are working with a
collection of beans you get from backend.

I usually opt to use a hidden param and use javascript to set it...

<select
onChange="this.form.hiddenName.value=this.options[this.selectedIndex].text">
</select>

<input tyep="hidden" name="hiddenName"/>

Tim's idea of using a compound value is also good where you parse it out
in the Action.

--
Rick