struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Hinners" <kevin.hinn...@fedex.com>
Subject Problems with Form Action Using Struts-Faces Integration Library
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 21:10:45 GMT
I am trying to rewrite a Struts-based web application to use JavaServer
Faces and Struts-Faces Integration Library. I am trying to rewrite the
web pages from struts tags to JSF and Struts-Faces tags. I want to reuse
my existing Action and ActionForm classes and Struts for the controller.

The problem I am having is the way page view.jsp renders <s:form
action=/editAction> to the browser. When I view source on the rendered
web page, the form shows the action as <form action="/pager/view.do">,
not <form action="/pager/editAction.do">. When I try to submit the page,
I get an error "Invalid path /view.do". What am I doing wrong here?

I tried looking at the example web apps that come with the Struts-Faces
Integration Library, but I am confused by the need for backing beans.
Are these required?

Kevin Hinners