struts-user mailing list archives

From David Johnson <chach...@gmail.com>
Subject [OT] Help with REgular Expressions in Validate()
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 21:29:51 GMT
Hi all
I markled this OT because it's not a Struts question strictly speaking.

what I'm trying to do is disallow names that contain spaces or special
characters in the validate() method of my ActionForm

Code:
String pattern = "\\W+";
log.debug("Testing validity of name "+name+ " against "+pattern);
if (name!=null){
if (name.matches(pattern)) {
log.info("Naming Convention Violated");
e = new ActionError("error.create.portfolio.name.error");
errors.add("",new ActionError("error.create.portfolio.name.error"));
}else{
log.debug("Valid name chosen");
}
}
What am I missing?!?!?! I always get "valid name chosen"
 Again, I want to allow "MyNAme" and disallow "My Name" or "MyName!" (due to
spaces or special characters

--
-Dave
ChaChaNY@Gmail.com