struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] What do you use action forms for?
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 12:04:27 GMT
My question would be:

* Under this poll how does the Struts MailReader application use ActionForms?

I would think the essential question is whether people use ActionForms to

1) Harvest or populate only the default values of form controls.
2)  Populate other page members, such as the items displayed on a
drop-down lists.

In Struts 1.0, the design of the taglib implied (1). In Struts 1.1, we
extended the tags to make (2) more convenient.

I tried (2) for a while, but went back to (1).

I would say that (1) is the "cannonical" approach, and (2) is a
standard deviation.

-Ted.