struts-user mailing list archives

From Santosh K Rath <santr...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Help Please...... ( Struts on Iplanet )
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 09:16:12 GMT
Hi Richard ,
 I would like to know , how are you deploying?Are you deploying making
war/ear file or deploying the file system.

If war file then why don't try putting struts-bean.tld file in WEB-INF
folder.

After that
I would like you write <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix=
"bean" %> on top of the jsp page.
Please try this and get back to me. Mean while , let me find out something
more.
Thanks.
Santosh

Richard Reyes <richards.list@gmail.com>
05/25/2005 01:59 PM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List"

Santosh K Rath/India/IBM@IBMIN
cc
Struts Users Mailing List <user@struts.apache.org>
Subject
Re: Help Please...... ( Struts on Iplanet )

Hi Santosh,

I tried both html's and they all worked. Now I tried the second one with
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>
on top and it generated the same error as above.

Thank you for helping me I have no idea whats going on in this iplanet
server

Richard

On 5/25/05, Santosh K Rath <santrath@in.ibm.com> wrote:

> [...]
> simple jsp page , something like below. Let's see , what happeans.

> <head>
> <title>My Title</Title>
> </head>
> href="www.telic.net" target="_blank">Telic.net</a> and get your correct
> URL.</p>
>

> After that , let's try  with something like this .

> <head>
> <title><bean:message key="display.title"/></Title>
> </head>
> href="www.telic.net" target="_blank">Telic.net</a> and get your correct
> URL.</p>
>

> After you tested with the above, mail me the results.    All those
things
> can be easily debugged , if you are using any IDE. Otherwise please do
those
> step by step and reply. Thanks
>
> Santosh
>

>  Richard Reyes <richards.list@gmail.com>
>
> 05/25/2005 12:52 PM
>
> Please respond to
>  Richard Reyes
>

> To Santosh K Rath/India/IBM@IBMIN

> Subject Re: Help Please...... ( Struts on Iplanet )
>

> Hi Santosh,
>
>  Here are my JSPs and the converted java code....
>
>  On 5/25/05, Santosh K Rath <santrath@in.ibm.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > Hi Richard,
>  >      Can you please check _index_jsp.java(Line no 123)? It's the java
> file
>  > created from your jsp page(index.jsp). It might help you. Or else you
can
>  > paste the java code as well as jsp code here for better
analysis.Thanks.
>  > Santosh
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  Richard Reyes <richards.list@gmail.com>
>  >
>  > 05/25/2005 12:10 PM
>  >
>  > Please respond to
>  >  "Struts Users Mailing List"
>  >
>  >
>  > To Struts Users Mailing List <user@struts.apache.org>
>  >
>  > cc
>  >
>  > Subject Help Please...... ( Struts on Iplanet )
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Hello Guys,
>  >
>  >  I am trying to deploy my struts webapp on an iPlanet 6 server with
>  >  SP5. I have this error eight now....
>  >
>  >  12] failure (19732):                  Internal error: servlet
service
>  > function had
>  >  thrown ServletException (uri=/index.jsp):
>  >  javax.servlet.ServletException, stack:

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:453)
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  > _jsps._index_jsp._jspService(_index_jsp.java:123)
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  >
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  >
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  >

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:248)
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  >

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.access$6(JspServlet.java:238)
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  >
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:519)
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  >
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:588)
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  >
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  >

com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.invokeServletService(NSServletRunner.java:919)
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  >

com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.service(WebApplication.java:1061)
>  >
>  >                                   at
>  >

com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.ServiceWebApp(NSServletRunner.java:981)