struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Quartz Scheduler with Struts
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 23:54:00 GMT
At 7:47 PM -0400 5/7/05, Brian McGovern wrote:
>I need to set up a bunch of jobs that monitor various pieces of my
>struts app.  I decided to use Quartz but am wondering if anyone has
>experience with setting up quartz to run in struts.  I'm guessing
>this would be achieved with by either writing a plugin class to be
>started from struts-config.xml, or by setting up a Quartz servlet.
>Can anyone get me started in the right direction and lemme know of
>things to watch out for?

One of my colleagues wrote a plug-in to do just this; you can get it
from http://demo.jgsullivan.com/struts, and a related library from
http://demo.jgsullivan.com/quartz

On the other hand, this is not under active maintenance; you might
also want to look into using Spring, which supports scheduling using
both TimerTask and Quartz.

http://springframework.org

Joe

--