struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: sTRUTS 1.3 - chain flow
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 15:13:10 GMT
>It works, but yes, you are right in the sense that If I override
>The struts catalog, everything will screw up... unless I have a look at
>Chain-config before, so that I know what commands are supposed to be
>In struts chain, and then add mine while keeping original ones..
>I think that's the best solution right now..though I don't know if it is
>the
>Optimal one

For now, any case where one can't use the default chain should begin
with extracting the default chain from the struts-core JAR and
editing it, and then explicitly specifying an alternate location for
the file in the web.xml init parameters.

>  >I don't understand how adding parameters to the request path once the
>  >Servlet is already processing it could possibly work; does the
>>pre-existing code perform a redirect after manipulating the path?
>
>That's what the original WSRequstProcessor was doing (Frank, pls comment
>if I am saying something wrong)..
>It was working in the old way (for some reason, the preprocess method
>was then getting executed twice...and that's what I cannot reproduce,
>because the second time the request will come into the preprocess
>method, form will be populated..

if it does a redirect, that would explain the doubling as well as the
correct population after the redirect -- but especially in the chain
model,  I wouldn't advise that as the best way to solve the problem.

>However, thanx to your explanation I have one more trial to try.... then
>I will be lost if it does not work  :-)

You always have us here on the list ;-)

Joe

--