struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: sTRUTS 1.3 - chain flow
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 19:51:34 GMT
At 3:23 PM -0400 5/20/05, Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
>>It's interesting to have some more complex use cases to test the
>>chain model against...
>
>Absolutely.  One thing that would be nice, and maybe it already is
>and I just don't know enough yet, is to be able to essentially
>restart the chain at any given point.  That of course introduces the
>possibility of endless loops, but it makes it so that I could just
>do like restartChain() instead of forwarding back through tbe whole
>RP cycle.

I'm not sure I think that would be nice ;-)  Seems kind of risky, in
that it adds a lot of indeterminacy.  That's the main reason why lots
of us are down on request chaining too.

That's a gut reaction, but without more demand for it and more
consideration of possible side effects, it's not something I'd be
likely to implement for fun on a Saturday afternoon or anything...

Joe

BTW, we are probably creeping into struts-dev turf on this thread here...
--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com