struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: jstl - define bean
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 23:22:06 GMT
Grzegorz Stasica wrote:

> I thought <c:set ...> defines a new bean in page scope. If this is true

No, c:set sets a property on a bean that is already defined.

> I do not understand why attached code keeps throwing exception that no
> getB() is not defined.
>
> <c:set property="b" value="kicha" var="d"></c:set>

This is equivalent to <% d.setB("kicha"); %>

> paramProperty="b">Login</html:link>

You're telling the html:link tag to create a parameter named 'ddd' whose
value is taken from the property B of bean d. In other words, you're
telling it to add a parameter whose value is d.getB(). If d's type
doesn't define the accessor properly, Struts won't be able to call it.

L.