struts-user mailing list archives

From Randy Kennedy <rkenn...@appriss.com>
Subject Re: Easy form populate question for gurus
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 13:44:09 GMT

Here is a snippet from my initializing action before it goes to the form

        LazyValidatorForm ppForm = (LazyValidatorForm)form;
        ProtectedPersonLocal ppl = null;
        ProtectedPersonDTO dto = null;
        String sid = null;

        sid = request.getParameter("sid");

        ppl =
(ProtectedPersonLocal)EJBHelper.getLocalInstance(ProtectedPersonLocalHome.JNDI_NAME);
        dto = ppl.getProtectedPersonBySid(sid);
        BeanUtils.copyProperties(ppForm, dto);

The values in question are java.lang.String objects.  Should be basic
stuff right?  I stepped through the debugger, and the LazyValidatorForm
object is being set correctly for the null strings from my VO; however,
when it comes to displaying the form for editing, the "null" fields
contain an object reference like java.lang.Object@75ea85.  If I update
the form with any type of text values, it'll show correctly the next
time that I go to update the data.  It's only happening when there are
null values involved.

--

Randy Kennedy
Software Engineer