struts-user mailing list archives

From "Abdullah Jibaly" <Abdullah.Jib...@aeroxchange.com>
Subject RE: [To sum it up] Re: Confused / one little question
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:54:09 GMT
Spring takes care of all this (http://springframework.org) without the overhead of an ejb container.

Acegi is one aspect closely tied to spring that takes care of security declaratively.

Regards,
Abdullah

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Mistroni [mailto:mmistroni@waersystems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 5:04 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [To sum it up] Re: Confused / one little question

Hello all,
	Sorry to get into this thread so late...
Since I have same view as Daniel about Hibernate/EJBs, I wanted to ask
one additional
question, since right now I am using EJBs..

Now, EJBs have some features that let the coder concentrate only
On the business logic instead of dealing, for example, with
synchronization, transaction, threading ..and security, meaning that you
can declare in the
Deployment descriptor which roles are allowed to do what with your EJBs.

Where can you do the same with ORM tools?  In the web layer?
Or do you have to have a security framework in place (such as acegi)?

Thanx and regards
	Marco