struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marsh-Bourdon, Christopher" <Christopher.Marsh-Bour...@DrKW.com>
Subject RE: [OT] package naming nonsense
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:02:24 GMT
I favour using org.apache.* or com.sun.*, but never com.microsoft.*.   It
gives a certain gravitas to one's coding! ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: DGraham@EvergreenInvestments.com
[mailto:DGraham@EvergreenInvestments.com]
Sent: 17 June 2005 13:59
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [OT] package naming nonsense

1. Well, no one suggested that you need to search some archive.
2. It would be difficult (if not impossible) to name an example of an
application that has a namespace collision that is publicly available.  I
hope you understand why.

Finally, naming conventions are not enforced by compilers.  Name your
packages as you wish.

-Dennis

Adam Hardy <ahardy.struts@cyberspaceroad.com>
06/17/2005 08:48 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [OT] package naming nonsense

OK, silly me, I started using java with 1.2, rather than 1.0, but it's
friday, so please don't tell me to go read the archives!!!!

I admit, in theory it's easy to say, you're using blah.blah.blah.foo and
so am I, a disaster in the making, but when is that going to happen? I
challenge you to name me an example. Take eBay for example. They just
went off and bought up all the top level domains for ebay.

What bugs me is that the low correlation between java programs and the
top level domains.

Oh hell, I just wish I had 5 grand to buy ecoworks.com :-(

 ------

http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3166