struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Storing data in session scope
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:54:23 GMT
On 22/06/05 08:54 Pilgrim, Peter wrote:
>> What data do I need to store???. Data that it has to be updated if
>> the user goes to a module which update that data but in database.
>> So If the user updates the data, it has to be updated automatically
>> in the application scope.

> This is different kettle of fish. You need to implement in your
> application architecture the "Reference Data Cache" idiom.
>
> In this case you do not need to store data in application scope at
> all. Rather all your database access comes through business data
> access delegate.

Peter,
this caught my eye because I wasn't aware of this one - "Reference Data
Cache" sounds like a useful pattern and one that I have probably
implemented independently.

Do you have a reference (bad pun) so I can check out this out ?  I just
searched thro Gang of Four and Marinescou's EJB Des. Patts. without
seeing anything similar.

Adam