struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Form-Action combo
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:30:47 GMT
Ted Husted wrote On 26/06/05 13:25:

> * http://struts.apache.org/roadmap.html

[snip]

> With features like "extends", it becomes even easier to customize
> Struts to use your own default classes and implementation strategies.
> Once 1.3.x starts to ship, it will become even easier to use Struts
> like a framework toolkit that you can customize to use whatever
> strategies your team prefers.

on a related note I see that merging the DTDs for validator and forms
has been mooted. My desired strategy would be to have a form bean that
knows what type its members are.

I would declare the form-property's type in that merged dynaform /
validator xml.

The action form would even have a method mimicing
BeanUtils.copyProperties().

More fancifully, the method could even take a hashmap parameter, mapping
form properties to dto properties. Or the DTO property name could be
declared in XML next to the type.

Is that realistic? It would certainly allow me to delete a huge amount
of v. similar code from my actions.

Adam