struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Form-Action combo
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:03:03 GMT
Adam Hardy on 27/06/05 01:30, wrote:
> Ted Husted wrote On 26/06/05 13:25:
>
>> * http://struts.apache.org/roadmap.html
>>

> on a related note I see that merging the DTDs for validator and forms
> has been mooted. My desired strategy would be to have a form bean that
> knows what type its members are.
>
> I would declare the form-property's type in that merged dynaform /
> validator xml.

OK, I overlooked that the form property declaration already contains
"type". In the current actionform / struts set-up, the mapping of http
parameters is done straight onto these form properties so typed, leading
to unmanageable exceptions if the http parameter cannot be converted.

I am suggesting that the formbean uses string-typed properties for the
request parameter mapping part, and a method or a set of methods to
apply the mapping to the declared types.

The declaration of types for the properties that receive the initial
request parameters would then be replaced. (Nested beans etc would be
another question.)

Adam