struts-user mailing list archives

From "Abhinav Bhatnagar" <Abhinav_Bhatna...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: How to create form rows dynamically
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:46:58 GMT

I had the same question some time back and I used this :

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/building_controller.html

refer section "4.3.2 Map-backed ActionForms"

Regards,
Abhinav

-----Original Message-----
From: Ciaran Hanley [mailto:ciaran.hanley@sentenial.ie]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:02 PM
To: 'Struts User Mailing List'
Subject: How to create form rows dynamically

Can somebody help me or propose a solution to the following please.

I wish to create a form dynamically. Depending on the business logic
there
could be 0 to N rows in the form. I tried to use a form with an array of
strings and use the indexed="true" setting in the html:text boxes but as
was not following any example I ran into problems and didn't have any
guide
as to where I was going wrong.

I also need to iterate over a bean containing information which
corresponds
to the form as the form boxes are being displayed.

Say if there is 3 rows required, it should ok like the following.

Payment     Old Amnt    New Amnt          Date

1           35          [45]              [12/12/04]

2           35          [45]              [12/01/05]

3           35          [45]              [12/02/05]

Where [] represents a html:text box.

I am also unsure as to how to access these values when I get to the
form/action classes.

Any help would be much appreciated!

e-mail system.