struts-user mailing list archives

From "Clint Shank" <clintsh...@hotmail.com>
Subject Navigation Problem
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:17:34 GMT
We have a struts app that gathers data screen by screen and then processes
the data at the end.  On each screen is a previous and next button.  The
possible screens in the workflow depend on certain state: what things the
user has chosen so far, the user's preferences and so on.  My question is...
suppose the user is on a screen and hits next.  He could go to one of many
screens depending on the state mentioned above.  That is, some screens apply
and some don't.  We're trying to think of an elegant solution, but for now,
we're thinking there is a nextFromScreenA kind of action that looks at the
state and figures out what to do and where to go next.  Do you know of any
better solutions for this type of scenario?

Thanks,

Clint Shank