struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Galbreath" <mgalbre...@elections.state.md.us>
Subject RE: Validation & Anchoring
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:20:33 GMT
Validator is crap...and always has been.  If you look in the archive, you will see more complaints
about Validator working over the past 3 years and any other 2 subjects combined.

~mark

Rick -> byte me

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Newton [mailto:newton@pingsite.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 3:10 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Validation & Anchoring

Dylan Stamat wrote:

>Yeah, I could... however this would defeat the purpose (convenience) of
>using a DynaValidatorForm.

Apparently it isn't all that convenient for you as it is, either.

The main purpose of using a dyna form, at least for me, is that I don't
have to write a class and the get/setters, not the automagic validation.
The validation generally doesn't do what I want it to, so I don't use
it: I still don't have to write bean code, my base action classes know
what to do with GET/POST requests, and my life is easier. For me it's
still pretty convenient.

Dave

This email and any file transmitted with it may be confidential and is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you received this email in
error please notify the DBM Service Desk by forwarding this message to servdesk@dbm.state.md.us.

This email has been scanned by networkMaryland Antivirus Service for the presence of computer
viruses.