struts-user mailing list archives

From "Abdullah Jibaly" <Abdullah.Jib...@aeroxchange.com>
Subject RE: [OT] web templates, struts templates?
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:27:59 GMT
Look at AppFuse, it's exactly what you are looking for:

http://appfuse.dev.java.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Aleksandar Matijaca [mailto:amatijaca@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:55 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: [OT] web templates, struts templates?

I spent some time looking for some web templates for a struts/j2ee project
that I am currently
working on, because it seems that I am not good at making things pretty.
After looking
at them, I asked myself, if there is such a thing as pre-built STRUTS based
templates out there, for
doing the basics, such as:

Authentication --- premade stuff that will give programmer a bunch of code,
everything from
Filters, to validation and session management, User management, permissions
and roles.

User -- gathering user info (state, country, address blah blah), storing it
into database, tying
it in with Authentication (getting their password) etc..

Password management -- change password, fergot password

etc.. etc...

It seems to me, that I allways spend an inordiante amount of time, building
this stuff -- stuff
that has nothing realy to do with the application I am building, but with
user management.

Do you know, if there is such a thing as "Struts Templates" that come with
this stuff pre-built?
It gets realy tiring re-inventing the wheel...

Thanks, Alex.