struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mohd. Jeffry" <linux...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running tomcat on port 80
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:56:06 GMT
On 6/22/05, Tony Smith <quickcur@yahoo.com> wrote:
> How can I set the permission? It is my box, viturally
> I can do whatever I want.
>
> Thanks,

If you don't care about security you can always run tomcat as root and
you can use whatever unused ports. Just su - into root and execute the
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh

If you want this to start on boot you have to change your start-up
script at /etc/init.d/tomcat for instance..

Use this at your own risk. RUNNING TOMCAT AS ROOT WAS NOT AN OPTION
for production use.
This is just a quickie thing and not ment to be as a permenant
solution. A good solution IMHO is running an Apache + mod_jk + tomcat

regards,
linuxlah