struts-user mailing list archives

From "Amleto Di Salle" <disa...@di.univaq.it>
Subject R: stupid EL evaluation question
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:02:49 GMT
Hi,
Which version of JSP+JSTL (and Tomcat) are you using?

I am not sure but I think that the problem is due to fact that "1" is
considered as an Integer class.
This is possible, i suppose, in two cases:
- you are using JSP1.2+JSTL1.0
- or in the taglib directive you are using
"http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" and not
"http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" also in JSP2.0+JSTL1.1.
In  "http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" you use the core1.0 and the
expression language (EL) is evaluated by JSTL and not by JSP, so 1 is
considered Integer (in this case in Java new Integer(1)==new Integer(1)
is false).
In the "http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" case the EL is evaluated by
JSP and the 1 is considered int.

I hope this is useful