struts-user mailing list archives

From bib_lucene bib <bib_luc...@yahoo.com>
Subject struts 1.2.7 culprit.....?????
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:19:09 GMT

ok
got it to work...
But here is the catch.....

I got it to work with struts.jar details of which are ...
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Extension-Name: Struts Framework
Specification-Title: Struts Framework
Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Specification-Version: 1.1
Implementation-Title: Struts Framework
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
Implementation-Version: 1.1
Class-Path: commons-beanutils.jar
Class-Path: commons-collections.jar
Class-Path: commons-dbcp.jar
Class-Path: commons-digester.jar
Class-Path: commons-logging.jar
Class-Path: commons-pool.jar
Class-Path: commons-services.jar
Class-Path: commons-validator.jar
Class-Path: jakarta-oro.jar
[got a warning duplicates I guess because of classpath in manifest]

However if I use struts.jar from struts-1.2.7 I get an error saying
SEVERE: ServletException in '/layouts/classicLayout.jsp': ServletException in '/
tiles/body.jsp': /tiles/body.jsp(14,3) Unable to find setter method for attribute: name
javax.servlet.ServletException: ServletException in '/tiles/body.jsp': /tiles/bo
dy.jsp(14,3) Unable to find setter method for attribute: name

I do have the setter method, I am attaching the form and action files.

Should I just use the older version and be happy ( as it could be a bug in ther 1.2.7) or
is there a remedy. Thanks for all the support.

bib