struts-user mailing list archives

From Chris Pat <cpa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: findforward w/session objects
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:29:41 GMT
Hi Geeta, et. al
I typed too soon.  I am still getting a servlet error
even with this modified code and not getting a the
println produced.
playThis action:

 HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
    if (session == null)
      System.out.println("null session");
    String file =
(String)session.getAttribute("file");

I confirmed that the file object was in the session
before the actionMapping.findForward("playThis") and
with the getSession(false) I am not creating the
session and should be only retrieving the session I
confirmed existed and was populated before the
findForward.  What am I obscenely not recognizing
here? Many thanks for any enlightenment.