struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Struts Sidebar for Mozilla browsers
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 13:12:24 GMT
I personally have not been terribly impressed with Firefox (I'm probably
the only geek on the planet that would say that!) but the extensibility
they have built into it has got to be one of the best things about it.

Contrast it to creating an IE sidebar:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/Shell/programmersguide/shell_adv/bands.asp

The term **OUCH** comes to mind pretty quick :)

Frank

Laurie Harper wrote:
> Heh, it's nice to turn the tables once in a while ;-)
>
> I don't know what IE has in the same vein as the Mozilla sidebar
> functionality, but if you have a pointer to documentation I'll be happy
> to take a look at packaging this for IE... It's basically just a static
> HTML page so it shouldn't be tough to do.
>
> L.
>
> Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
>
>> Congratulations Laurie!
>>
>> Funny, it's usually asked the other way around, but here goes...
>>
>> Where's the IE version?? :)  Maybe a nice toolbar?
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> Laurie Harper wrote:
>>
>>> I'm very pleased to announce the availability of the Struts Sidebar,
>>> a sidebar for Mozilla-type browsers that provides convenient access
>>> to the reference documentation for Struts. The Struts Sidebar is a
>>> free resource for Struts users and developers, kindly hosted by
>>> Zotech Software.
>>>
>>> You can install the sidebar by visiting its homepage [1] and clicking
>>> the 'Add to Mozilla sidebar' link. The sidebar should work in any
>>> Mozilla-based browser, including Netscape and Firefox.
>>>
>>> Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> L.
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.zotechsoftware.com/products/struts-sidebar