struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Getting at exceptions in Action Classes when forwarded fromweb.xml?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 22:09:05 GMT
What version of Struts are you using?  Have a look at this:

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/building_controller.html#exception_handler

That's probably the way you want to go, might save you some trouble.
I'm not sure when it was introduced though, so if your a ways behind in
Struts version it might not be available.

Frank

Adam Hardy wrote:
> Preston CRAWFORD on 03/10/05 21:47, wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to setup global exception handling. I have web.xml sending
>> 404 and 500 exceptions to /error.do. In that action I should be able to
>> get at the exception, shouldn't I? Or do I have to do that earlier in
>> the process? I simply want to get at the exception and log it.
>>

> I don't think you can. The response object is write-only, so there is no
> way to tell.
>
> I might be grossly mistaken but I guess you would have to have seperate
> error-pages for each type of exception. Haven't tried it myself but will
> need to soon.
>
> Adam

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect