struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <new...@pingsite.com>
Subject Re: ActionMessages not displayed in the UI
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:41:02 GMT
paul@webotech.co.uk wrote:

> Errors are displayed as I expect through my validation.xml but no
> error is displayed when it goes through my action class. Any ideas why?

    protected ActionForward errorToInput(final HttpServletRequest
request_, final ActionMapping mapping_, final String errorKey_, final
String msg_) {
        log.error(msg_);
        ActionMessages msgs = new ActionMessages();
        msgs.add("action-errors", new ActionMessage(errorKey_, msg_));
        saveMessages(request_, msgs);
        return mapping_.getInputForward();
    }

<logic:messagesPresent message="true" property="action-errors">
      <bean:write name="err"/>
</logic:messagesPresent>

Does this help?

Dave