struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <new...@pingsite.com>
Subject Re: ActionMessages not displayed in the UI
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:26:42 GMT
paul@webotech.co.uk wrote:

> Thanks Dave that worked... my errors.jsp is pasted below. So I used
> two sets of tags one for the struts validation errors and one for the
> action errors. It would have been more elegant using only 1 set of
> tags but I guess this works just fine.

That's actually what I do to, but mostly because I use different styles
for system errors and validation errors and really want them displayed
in very different ways.

In general, I never have general system errors along with validation
errors. I create "extended" (non-validation.xml) validation errors by
using the deprecated ActionErrors stuff (I know, I know; I'm lazy...) If
there are validation errors then the stuff that can cause my more
system-oriented error types never run.

Dave