struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <new...@pingsite.com>
Subject [OT] Re: ActionMessages not displayed in the UI
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:26:38 GMT
paul@webotech.co.uk wrote:

> I'm not so sure about using different style for front end and back end
> errors - great for a developer but confusing for a user (of a consumer
> site)

I display form errors within the form itself (with a non-radical message
saying they screwed up) and system errors in a nice red box: most system
errors require them to take specific action (eg, harass me) whereas
validation errors are something they need to deal with. That said, I've
also handled the same situation by forwarding to a separate page with
system error info (not on the form at all).

Dave