struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <rathinagan...@gmail.com>
Subject Validator Error Message
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 02:51:06 GMT
Hi All,

Iam using struts 1.2.7 and commons validator 1.1.4..
I made the validator working with these, but after a while, its not
validating the jsp form for some reasons..
This following is the error message, I get when I try validating the form.

--------------------------

17:00:22,292 ERROR [Validator] reflection:
org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks.validateRequired(java.lang.Object,
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
org.apache.commons.validator.Field, org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks.validateRequired(java.lang.Object,
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
org.apache.commons.validator.Field, org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)

        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:986)
        at
org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validateFieldForRule(Validator.java:4
01)
        at
org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validateField(Validator.java:544)
        at
org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:582)
        at
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorForm.validate(ValidatorForm.java:152)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processValidate(RequestProcessor.j
ava:942)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:255)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
        at
FilterChain.java:237)
        at
ain.java:157)
        at
com.vrs.selfserv.filters.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:81)
        at
com.vrs.selfserv.fwk.BaseServletFilter.doFilter(BaseServletFilter.java:121)
        at
FilterChain.java:186)
        at
ain.java:157)
        at
com.vrs.selfserv.filters.AvailabilityFilter.doFilter(AvailabilityFilter.java
:113)
        at
com.vrs.selfserv.fwk.BaseServletFilter.doFilter(BaseServletFilter.java:121)
        at
FilterChain.java:186)
        at
ain.java:157)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.ja
va:75)
        at
FilterChain.java:186)
        at
ain.java:157)
        at
va:214)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
Valve.java:198)
        at
va:152)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalVal
ve.java:66)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssoci
ationValve.java:150)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:
54)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at
:109)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
        at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
        at
a:683)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ganesh.