struts-user mailing list archives

From "croffman rhenv" <mystruts2...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: form bean population confusion
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 15:11:22 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

1. Looks like I got into the problem, because of 3 pages.

I have defined action mappings as:
action1 ==> no ActionForm
action2 ==> takes a DynaValidatorForm (form1) for all the user data u
received in jsp1
action3 ==> called when jsp2 submission and displays jsp3
2. Is it correct to take the form name for the action3 as "form2".

Action1 is invoked ==> there is no form attached to it. it's fine.
Action2 is invoked ==> form1 is populated with input data for search at RUN
TIME (seen in debug in mode action class). But when coming on page2 display,
it is empty.

In jsp2, I used
3. I didn't specify name attribute in <hml:text> and <html:form>tags. Does
this cause any problem?

I saw page2 view source as:
<form name="form2" method="post" action="/contextRoot/action3.do">
        <input type="text" name="lastName" value="">
        <input type="text" name="firstName" value="">
        <input type="text" name="address" value="">
        <input type="text" name="zip" value="">
</form>

Croff